Subject: bug#32548: closed (Re: bug#32548: Cuirass: Performance monitoring)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 10:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32548: Cuirass: Performance monitoring

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32548: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32548
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32548: Cuirass: Performance monitoring
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 12:07:49 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey Ludo,

> As discussed on IRC, builds per day should be compared to new
> derivations per day.  For example, if on a day there’s 100 new
> derivations and we only manage to build 10 of them, we have a problem.

I added this line, and they sadly do not overlap :(

> 2020-09-14T21:16:21 Failed to compute metric average-eval-duration-per-spec (version-1.1.0).
> 2020-09-14T21:16:21 Failed to compute metric average-10-last-eval-duration-per-spec (wip-desktop).
> 2020-09-14T21:16:21 Failed to compute metric average-100-last-eval-duration-per-spec (wip-desktop).
> 2020-09-14T21:16:21 Failed to compute metric average-eval-duration-per-spec (wip-desktop).
>
> Perhaps it can’t compute an average yet for these jobsets?

Yes as soon as those evaluations will be repaired, we should be able to
compute those metrics. I chose to keep the error messages as a
remainder.

I added various other metrics and updated the "/metrics" page. Once we
have a better view, we should think of adding thresholds on those
metrics.

Closing this one!

Thanks,

Mathieu

-- 
https://othacehe.org

Subject: Cuirass: Performance monitoring
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 00:33:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As discussed earlier today on IRC with Clément, we could add performance
monitoring capabilities to Cuirass.  Interesting metrics would be:

  • time of push to time of evaluation completion;

  • time of evaluation completion to time of build completion.

We could visualize that per job over time.  Perhaps these are also stats
that ‘guix weather’ could display.

Ludo’.