Subject: bug#32548: Cuirass: Performance monitoring

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 17:56:39 +0200

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 03:34:17PM +0200, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:
> I just pushed support for computing and displaying metrics in Cuirass. I
> started with two metrics:
> * Builds per day
> * Average evaluation speed per specification.
> Those metrics can now be seen at:
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/metrics

Congratulations, that looks like a very useful start already!
(And the number of builds has doubled since yesterday, so someone already
put it to good use!)

How about also adding metrics per build machine? I have the impression,
for instance, that the aarch64 machine in my living room is not used.
If this is confirmed, we could take appropriate action (uncomment it in
/etc/machines.scm :-), compare to other used machines, change the scheduling
in the daemon, or even turn it off to conserve energy should it turn out
that we have too much build power...).

Andreas