Subject: bug#32540: closed (Re: bug#32540: Cuirass: we need a way to manually trigger evaluations)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 13:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32540: Cuirass: we need a way to manually trigger evaluations

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32540: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32540
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32540: Cuirass: we need a way to manually trigger evaluations
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 14:15:24 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> The 'core-updates' and 'staging' branches shouldn't trigger evaluations
> at each commit, because they produce too many derivations.  Instead, the
> admins should have a 'trigger evaluation' button that they use once in a
> while.  That button should be part of an 'admin interface', which should
> be protected by NGINX's 'auth_basic' authentication mechanism.

The admins can now change configure the specifications to build only a
core subset of packages, or all the available packages from the web
interface.

Closing this one,

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: Cuirass: we need a way to manually trigger evaluations
From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 11:50:21 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The 'core-updates' and 'staging' branches shouldn't trigger evaluations
at each commit, because they produce too many derivations.  Instead, the
admins should have a 'trigger evaluation' button that they use once in a
while.  That button should be part of an 'admin interface', which should
be protected by NGINX's 'auth_basic' authentication mechanism.