Subject: bug#32540: Cuirass: we need a way to manually trigger evaluations

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 14:09:07 +0200

Gábor Boskovits <[email-masked]> writes:

> Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. aug. 27.,
> H, 11:54):
>
>> The 'core-updates' and 'staging' branches shouldn't trigger evaluations
>> at each commit, because they produce too many derivations.  Instead, the
>> admins should have a 'trigger evaluation' button that they use once in a
>> while.  That button should be part of an 'admin interface', which should
>> be protected by NGINX's 'auth_basic' authentication mechanism.
>>
>>
> I agree that we need a mechanism like this. I am not sure about what the
> protection
> mechanism should be. 'auth_basic' has some appeal, as it is quite easy, but
> I would
> like to hear some more opinions about that part.

It's obviously not ideal, and we can implement something more
sophisticated later.