Subject: bug#32534: Emacs (gtk) crashes on opening a file.

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 10:18:37 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> উৎসব রায় <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>>> Okay, does doing (setq face-ignored-fonts '("Noto")) before opening the
>>>>> file avoid the crash?
>>>
>>> I meant, does setting face-ignored-fonts in Emacs 26.1 avoid the crash?
>>
>> Checked, the problem persists with face-ignored-fonts.
>
> Oh.  Robert, did I get the workaround wrong, or does it mean that this
> is not a dup of #30874?
>

For a reason I donʼt understand, the matching against
'face-ignored-fonts' only seems to happen on startup, so you need to
set it in xfaces.c and recompile.

>>> >> উৎসব রায় <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> >>
>>> >> > The issue is fixed in Emacs 27.x, just checked.

If itʼs fixed in 27.x, then setting 'xft-ignore-color-fonts' to nil
before you visit index.js should make the crash come back, and this is
then a dup of #30874

Robert