Subject: bug#32533: my documentation improvement proposals are in most cases not answered

From: kalle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 20:46:47 +0200

hello,

I mostly read info- and man-documentation of elementary GNU-programs and
here and then send a bug-report on this documentation, if I consider it
bad or improvable. I'm especially interested in making documentation
newbie-friendlier in a way, that concepts written about are referenced,
and I would also like to see language usage becoming easier (maybe in
the direction of 'simple english'), but I didn't do anything on the
latter yet.

Looking at my bug-reports on coreutils' bug-list
(https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?which=submitter&data=kalle%40projektwerkstatt.de)
, I see that from 7 reports i sent, 3 didn't get any answer
(29316,32250,32464), two got closed by padraig just after answering my
mail (29315,31712), such that I couldn't react appropriately,one
was discussed and rejected, where I had the impression, that there was
no real will to make improvement (29069). And one (27136) was reacted
to, but without having found a real solution.

While I was often really motivated to help improving free software, I
sometimes think now that my work is not considered useful and this tends
to diminish my motivation sometimes.

greetings,
kalle