Subject: [bug#32530] [PATCH] gnu: octave: Fix CA certificate use.

From: Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 20:42:31 -0400

* gnu/packages/maths.scm (octave)[arguments]: Add 'wrap-program' phase to wrap
Octave with the path to system CA certificates.
---
 gnu/packages/maths.scm | 8 +++++++-
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/maths.scm b/gnu/packages/maths.scm
index 3d571e8cc..b0caff0f5 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/maths.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/maths.scm
@@ -1417,7 +1417,13 @@ can solve two kinds of problems:
                 (string-append "Vmakeinfo_program = \""
                                (assoc-ref inputs "texinfo")
                                "/bin/makeinfo\"")))
-             #t)))))
+             #t))
+         (add-after 'install 'wrap-program
+           (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
+             (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
+               (wrap-program (string-append out "/bin/octave")
+                 '("CURLOPT_CAPATH" suffix ("/etc/ssl/certs")))
+               #t))))))
     (home-page "https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/")
     (synopsis "High-level language for numerical computation")
     (description "GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language that is
-- 
2.18.0