Subject: Re: bug#3252: 23.0.93; extremely slow to open file on windows network drive

From: Chris Withers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:36:11 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Also, can you show some numbers, like how "many many seconds" does it
> take with the current pretest and what is the time it takes Emacs 22.3
> to do the same job?  And if you repeat the same task again, is the
> time shorter or roughly the same?

Emacs 22.3 is pretty much instantaneous.

Emacs 23.0.93 takes around 11 seconds.
Repeating the task with a different file in the same folder takes 
roughly the same time.

> Finally, does "C-x d" of the same directory take the same time as
> drag-n-drop?

No, the one file I tried took over a minute before I got bored of counting.

> Could you try again after setting w32-get-true-file-attributes to nil?
> Does that make the time shorter in any significant way?

No.

I wonder if vc-svn may be the culprit? How can I disable that?

Chris

-- 
Simplistix - Content Management, Zope & Python Consulting
            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk