Subject: bug#32519: elisp manual filename conflict

From: Nir Nagid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 10:23:22 +0300

Ah, yes, of course, I should've mentioned - Win7. I supposed there are
workarounds, but it's somewhat of an overkill to mess with settings for my
whole system to fix this one issue, isn't it? I thought they should
consider making the filenames case-insensitively unique, or I'll just
modify one of the filenames locally.
Tnx anyway.

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 at 20:34, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Nir Nagid wrote:
>
> > Hi, just downloaded the "html-compressed" version of elisp manual. Trying
> > to extract got a filename conflict - the "main" html index and the
> > "document" index are both named "index" (in different case) and my zip
> app
> > (7-zip) doesn't like it :(
>
> I assume this is on MS Windows? Apparently, it can optionally do
> case-sensitive directories since Windows 10 of April 2018, so maybe look
> into that.
>
> Apparently there is a makeinfo html output option controlled by
> CASE_INSENSITIVE_FILENAMES that could be turned on to handle this, but
> it sounds like it would make things worse for case sensitive systems (by
> having two pages in the same file but separated by anchors). And I'm not
> sure what version of texinfo added it (it doesn't seem to be in 4.13).
>