Subject: bug#32513: 26.1; eshell/make falls back to *make

From: balasr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 17:51:26 +0200

Starting with emacs -Q I do M-x eshell and them eshell/make [some
Makefile]. *make is run instead producing the output of the command
directly into eshell instead of popping up a *compliation* buffer.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.10)
of 2018-04-30 built on badile08.ee.ethz.ch
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)

Recent messages:
Loading em-cmpl...done
Loading em-dirs...done
Loading em-glob...done
Loading em-hist...done
Loading em-ls...done
Loading em-prompt...done
Loading em-script...done
Loading em-term...done
Loading em-unix...done
Making completion list... [2 times]

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/home/msc18f22/.local --with-gif=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
THREADS

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Eshell

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-seq pcmpl-unix em-unix em-term term
disp-table easymenu ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls cl-loaddefs cl-lib
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 111485 9002)
(symbols 48 22066 2)
(miscs 40 52 137)
(strings 32 33782 1372)
(string-bytes 1 947714)
(vectors 16 17049)
(vector-slots 8 523959 11044)
(floats 8 56 68)
(intervals 56 285 0)
(buffers 992 13)
(heap 1024 24579 1238))