Subject: bug#32504: [PATCH] syntax-is-{comment|string}-p

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 08:01:36 -0500

On Wed 22 Aug 2018 at 22:12, Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Alex Branham <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I got tired of checking/remembering whether (nth 3 (syntax-ppss)) was a
>> string or a comment, so I've created two simple functions that wrap that
>> in a more descriptive name. I've noticed that there are a handful of
>> these that other modes have written, so evidently others wanted them as
>> well at some point.
>
> What about syntax-ppss-context in syntax.el?

Thanks, I didn't know about syntax-ppss-context. It doesn't seem to be
documented anywhere.

I think I still slightly prefer having these two functions since when
searching for something like "syntax string" syntax-is-string-p will pop
up but syntax-ppss-context won't.

Thanks again,
Alex