Subject: bug#32502: 27.0.50; Tramp; C-g during asynchronous remote find-file kills Emacs

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 15:32:58 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> >> So it looks like you are right: we cannot send signals to the main
>> >> thread. Is this acceptable?
>> >
>> > Yes, I think so, but let's document that.

I'm just doing it.

>> Sounds to me like a serious restriction. When something happens in a
>> thread, I want to know it. There isn't even a message about the error.
>
> If we want to announce the errors to the main thread, we can use
> methods other than signaling an error.  For example, we could inject
> a special event into the input queue, similarly to how we produce
> help-echo and other special events.

I'm just changing thread-signal such a way that it ignores silently
signals sent to the main thread. Shall I implement this event injection
instead?

And what shall be done with this event in the main thread? Just writing
an error message, or some kind of handling?

Best regards, Michael.