Subject: bug#32502: 27.0.50; Tramp; C-g during asynchronous remote find-file kills Emacs

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 19:15:47 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> But I haven't done any user input. I've evaluated the code snippet given
>> by Gemini, and then I've done nothing. Emacs was idle I believe. And it
>> aborted.
>
> That's just it, AFAIR: when Emacs is idle, the waiting_for_input flag
> is set.

In this case, you cannot send a signal to the main thread ever. That
contradicts the documentation in (info "(elisp) Basic Thread Functions")

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
     Since signal handlers in Emacs are located in the main thread, a
     signal must be propagated there in order to become visible.  The
     second ‘signal’ call let the thread die:

          (thread-signal main-thread 'error data)
          (signal 'error data)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Let's see, what the bisecting tells us.

Best regards, Michael.