Subject: bug#32501: Bouncing parentheses broken in REPL with vi-mode enabled

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 02:09:54 -0400

I wrote:

>> The right fix might be to simply remove the 'if' check above.
>
> Actually, it probably won't be that simple.  Whereas in emacs mode, we
> can probably rely on these bindings being added to the correct keymap,
> namely 'emacs_standard_keymap', when in vi mode it's likely that these
> bindings would end up in the wrong keymap, namely 'vi_movement_keymap'.
>
> When in vi mode, these mappings should be added to
> 'vi_insertion_keymap', and that probably involves using
> 'rl_bind_key_in_map' instead of 'rl_bind_key'.

And I guess 'rl_get_keymap_by_name' is the function we should use to get
the keymap.  From keymaps.h in readline:

  /* Return the keymap corresponding to a given name.  Names look like
     `emacs' or `emacs-meta' or `vi-insert'.  */
  extern Keymap rl_get_keymap_by_name PARAMS((const char *));

      Mark