Subject: bug#32494: t incorrectly branching

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 12:54:39 -0500

On 08/21/2018 11:55 AM, Ruben Maes wrote:
> Might I remark that your bug tracking system is frustratingly slow. I noticed the mistake pretty soon after my report and sent a reply 12 minutes after reporting.

It may also be compounded by the human moderator queue responsible for 
letting first-time poster's messages through.  While we tend to 
whitelist senders so that future messages don't need a human review, 
there's still a good chance that several initial messages from a new 
poster all pile up until someone actually has time to flush the queue.

> 
> The initial report did not appear until almost an hour after I had sent it, and the follow-up message at least half an hour after that.

Email is an interesting medium - it has great resiliency to temporary 
network outages, but at the expense of no real-time tracking and 
sometimes out-of-order delivery or or lengthy delays due to exponential 
back-off queuing choices at any number of hops along the way.

-- 
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266
Virtualization:  qemu.org | libvirt.org