Subject: bug#32486: closed (Re: 27.0.50; Byte-compiled version of `=' doesn't work for bignums)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 18:53:03 +0000

Your bug report

#32486: 27.0.50; Byte-compiled version of `=' doesn't work for bignums

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32486: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32486
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 27.0.50; Byte-compiled version of `=' doesn't work for bignums
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Philipp <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 11:51:59 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks for reporting the problem. Fixed on master via this patch:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=81e7eef8224c8a99a207b7a7b9dae1d598392ef7

Subject: 27.0.50; Byte-compiled version of `=' doesn't work for bignums
From: Philipp <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 23:57:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In *scratch*:

(funcall (lambda (a b) (= a b)) (1+ most-positive-fixnum) 1)
=> nil

(funcall (byte-compile (lambda (a b) (= a b))) (1+ most-positive-fixnum) 1)

signals an error

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p 2305843009213693952)
  #f(compiled-function (a b) #<bytecode 0x40a557c1>)(2305843009213693952 1)
  funcall(#f(compiled-function (a b) #<bytecode 0x40a557c1>) 2305843009213693952 1)
  eval((funcall (byte-compile #'(lambda (a b) (= a b))) (1+ most-positive-fixnum) 1) nil)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-print-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-print-last-sexp)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-apple-darwin17.4.0, NS appkit-1561.20 Version 10.13.3 (Build 17D102))
 of 2018-08-20 built on p
Repository revision: 36de7bd7b0b9fcd038c440b4705e9186bfbaaa41
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.3

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --enable-gcc-warnings=yes --enable-checking
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS
JSON LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 204444 14070)
 (symbols 48 20024 1)
 (strings 32 28901 2192)
 (string-bytes 1 775124)
 (vectors 16 35371)
 (vector-slots 8 730178 19284)
 (floats 8 47 69)
 (intervals 56 211 0)
 (buffers 992 11))