Subject: bug#32473: closed (Re: bug#32473: Broken menu entry in manual, section 4.1)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 10:22:01 +0000

Your bug report

#32473: Broken menu entry in manual, section 4.1

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32473: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32473
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32473: Broken menu entry in manual, section 4.1
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: HiPhish <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 12:21:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Hiphish,

HiPhish <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I noticed a broken menu entry in the Info version of the Guix manual: the node 
> `Defining Packages` (4.1) has an extra space between the last word and the 
> closing colons:
>
> 	* package Reference ::	The package data type

Oops, I’ve fixed this now in guix.texi (commit
fa4ebd2f08d0acc25feca827f7e43e8774843a10).

> The standalone Info reader tolerates it, but not the Info.vim reader, which 
> considers the space to be part of the target node name. Neither the Texinfo 
> manual (section 4.9) nor the Info manual seem to allow for this extra space, 
> so it looks like a bug in the manual to me.

Would it make sense for Info.vim to be bug-compatible?

Thanks for your report,
Ludo’.

Subject: Broken menu entry in manual, section 4.1
From: HiPhish <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 14:39:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I noticed a broken menu entry in the Info version of the Guix manual: the node 
`Defining Packages` (4.1) has an extra space between the last word and the 
closing colons:

	* package Reference ::	The package data type

The standalone Info reader tolerates it, but not the Info.vim reader, which 
considers the space to be part of the target node name. Neither the Texinfo 
manual (section 4.9) nor the Info manual seem to allow for this extra space, 
so it looks like a bug in the manual to me.

PS: I am the author of the Info.vim reader, if that matters.
https://gitlab.com/HiPhish/info.vim