Subject: bug#32458: Acknowledgement (SDL SEGFAULTs on foreign distro)

From: Tim Gesthuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 19:43:05 +0100

Hi,

On 22.10.2018 22:50, Marius Bakke wrote:
> One thing that might be worth a try before bisecting Mesa itself is
> building against LLVM 3.9.1 again.  I don't know the relevance of the
> "exactly 3.9.1 for swrast" comment from that commit.

Just a quick update: I tried the following things and all of them failed
but in a little more helpful manor:

- Building current version of mesa with LLVM 3.9.1: mesa fails to
    configure -> Some part needs at least LLVM version 4.
- Building old mesa with LLVM 3.9.1: unit tests in the testsuite of mesa
    fail which causes the build to fail. I could not investigate the
    failure yet but it seems quite promising.

> Out of curiosity, which graphics driver are you using?

The radeon driver with non free firmware, sadly :(
I cannot get anything free to run and I will switch to another computer
as my main computer soon. I hope I can find the cause for the bug before
I switch.

Tim.