Subject: Re: bug#32458: Acknowledgement (SDL SEGFAULTs on foreign distro)

From: Tim Gesthuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 19:23:01 +0200

Hi,
I did another bisect to find the second cause of failure.
I used the input rewriting technique but with the fixed libepoxy definition:

>> (use-modules (gnu packages)
>>              (gnu packages games)
>>              (gnu packages gl)
>>              (guix packages)
>>              (guix profiles))
>>
>> (define libepoxy-legacy
>>   (package
>>     (inherit libepoxy)
>>     (version "1.4.0")))
> 
> This package is missing a (source ...) field.  So this only pretends to
> be 1.4.0, but is actually the same as the inherited one.
> 
> (Also, should it not be 1.5.0?)

Yes it should be. Something made me think the expression evaluating to
the origin object in the original libepoxy definition would be
reevaluated. And it also should be 1.5.0.

I started using the small guile script using guile-sdl2 again, simply
because I do not need to close the window manually if a commit is good
and the program starts. Otherwise the bisect would still need human
input. You can find the scripts that I used attached as a tar archive.
It has some hardcoded paths though. Execute the check.sh script to check
the current commit.
After a really long bisect and tons of package rebuilding git found
commit faccae1c3769c90694c2b7eee0e4e9ab53049a8f to be guilty. The commit
updates mesa so it seems quite possible.

I don't have that much time right now but I will try to revert the two
commits found so far and see whether this gets OpenGL running again on
the master branch.

Tim.