Subject: bug#32458: Acknowledgement (SDL SEGFAULTs on foreign distro)

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 20:28:31 +0200

Tim Gesthuizen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 07.10.2018 22:06, Marius Bakke wrote:
>> Hello!  Sorry for dropping the ball on this.
>
> No problem. Nobody pressures you to help others :)
>
>> Nice catch!  Earlier in the bisect, you found
>> 5318b103ff277efbac248a066d162589a9083baa (gnu: libepoxy: Update to
>> 1.5.1.).  Can you try this patch and see if it makes a difference?
>
> I also noticed this and reverted the commit introducing the bug. After
> reverting the commit I still got a broken OpenGL in `master`. Right now
> I am trying to rebase the current master branch to not include the two
> commits updating libepoxy in order to bisect that  branch again to find
> the thing that keeps simple reverting from working.
> This really takes some time as it brings every merge-conflict ever since
> back to life and I have to resolve them.
> I hope that I will not introduce new bugs during rebasing and find the
> time to get the rebase and the bisect going and report the other cause
> of failure.

If reverting did not help, I doubt rebasing it away will do a
difference.  It also sounds very tedious!

Have you been able to find a commit that definitely works?  Say,
0dd91619a597b52bcb5d6d1bb675a9eb65242c44 (0.14)?  Now that you have a
good test case, it should be easier to script the bisect (just make sure
to invoke "make clean && make" between runs to avoid ABI issues).