Subject: bug#32458: SDL SEGFAULTs on foreign distro

From: Tim Gesthuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 19:25:35 +0200

Hi,

since a few days now SDL2 and SDL-1.2 are broken for me through Guix.
Running any kind of application that uses SDLs rendering mechanisms
crashes immediately while initializing window and renderer.
I tried tracking down the bug using GDB and found out that the bug
occurs while compiling/loading the shader code in my local graphics driver.
An invocation of memcpy causes a SEGFAULT during this operation.
I am running Guix on top of Debian Stretch with the radeon graphics driver.
I suspect binary incompatibility between Guix and Debians compiler to be
the cause of this problem but I cannot verify anything.

You find a log of my gdb session which includes some stacktraces from
where the program crashed.
If you need more information about my setup or technical details feel
free to ask.
I also want to note that SDL-1.2 definitely worked for me a few weeks
ago through Guix.

Sincerely,
Tim Gesthuizen