Subject: bug#32458: Acknowledgement (SDL SEGFAULTs on foreign distro)

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 22:35:54 +0200

Hello Tim,

Thanks a lot for this debugging work!

Tim Gesthuizen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I tried to bisect the bug by building Guix from git.
> You find the script I used as well as some information about the bisect
> attached (full log is 17MB so I copied the most important things).

[...]

> There are only 'skip'ped commits left to test.
> The first bad commit could be any of:

[...]

> We cannot bisect more!
> bisect run cannot continue any more
>
> Bisect Rest (31)

We had a private conversation about this on IRC and I think the reason
you had to skip these commits were because of ABI issues in the git
checkout (incompatible Guile objects).

Current Guix actually warns about it and tells you what to do (very
nice!), but that does not work when bisecting this deep :-)

The surefire approach is to run "make clean-go".  That will almost
certainly get Guix building again, but you also have to compile all the
Scheme code anew.  You could first try something along the lines of
"rm gnu/{services,system,tests}{,/}*.go && make" to save (or waste :-P)
a little time.

Hope this helps!  I think we are almost there.  :-)