Subject: Re: bug#32456: Guile failed to call package-derivation without pre-inst-env

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 23:42:33 +0300

Hello Ludovic,

Thank you for taking a look.

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> I have an issue with ‘package-derivation’ procedure.  When I use Guile
>> from my user's profile I get an error but not when I use ‘pre-inst-env’.
>>
>> The %load-path is differ only in /home/natsu/src/guix when pre-inst-env.
>>
>> guix (GNU Guix) 689aacc12f1d9c0b511e2010185b2e7a80de5201
>>
>> natsu@magnolia ~$ guile
>> GNU Guile 2.2.4
>> …
>> scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (guix) (guix ui) (guix store))
>> scheme@(guile-user)> (define c (open-connection))
>> scheme@(guile-user)> (package-derivation c (@@ (gnu packages base) hello))
>> guix/store.scm:928:31: In procedure add-to-store: Throw to key
>> `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &nix-protocol-error [message:
>> "regular file expected" status: 1] 28703c0>)'.
>> Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to continue.
>
> It might be that the Guix in $GUILE_LOAD_PATH is broken in some way.
> Can you check which one that is?

Sure, I hope the following output is what you mean.  Let me know if you
want another information, please.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
natsu@magnolia ~/src/guix$ for path in $(printenv GUILE_LOAD_PATH | tr ':' '\n'); do echo -e "\n"; env GUILE_LOAD_PATH=$path pr
intenv GUILE_LOAD_PATH; env GUILE_LOAD_PATH=$path guile -c '(use-modules (guix) (guix ui) (guix store)) (format #t "~s~%" (pack
age-derivation (open-connection) (@@ (gnu packages base) hello)))'; done

/home/natsu/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.2
Backtrace:
In guix/packages.scm:
   923:16 19 (expand-input #<build-daemon 256.97 20fdaf0> #<package…> …)
   878:14 18 (cache! #<weak-table 6/113> #<package [email-masked].…> …)
In unknown file:
          17 (_ #<procedure thunk ()> #<procedure list _> #<undefined>)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1202:22 16 (thunk)
  1135:25 15 (bag->derivation #<build-daemon 256.97 20fdaf0> #<<bag…> …)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29 14 (map1 (("source" #<origin "mirror://cpan/src/5.0/p…>) …))
   592:17 13 (map1 (("make" #<package [email-masked] gnu/pack…>) …))
In guix/packages.scm:
   923:16 12 (expand-input #<build-daemon 256.97 20fdaf0> #<package…> …)
   878:14 11 (cache! #<weak-table 6/113> #<package [email-masked]…> …)
In unknown file:
          10 (_ #<procedure thunk ()> #<procedure list _> #<undefined>)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1202:22  9 (thunk)
In guix/derivations.scm:
  1242:24  8 (build-expression->derivation #<build-daemon 256.97 20…> …)
  1004:18  7 (imported-files #<build-daemon 256.97 20fdaf0> ((. #) …) …)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29  6 (map1 (("guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm" . "/home/…") …))
   592:29  5 (map1 (("guix/build/utils.scm" . "/home/natsu/.guix…") …))
   592:29  4 (map1 (("guix/build/gremlin.scm" . "/home/natsu/.gu…") …))
   592:17  3 (map1 (("guix/elf.scm" . "/home/natsu/.guix-profile/s…")))
In guix/derivations.scm:
  1007:31  2 (_ _)
In guix/store.scm:
   948:24  1 (_ #<build-daemon 256.97 20fdaf0> "elf.scm" #f "sha256" …)
   928:31  0 (add-to-store #<build-daemon 256.97 20fdaf0> _ #f "sha…" …)

guix/store.scm:928:31: In procedure add-to-store:
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &nix-protocol-error [message: "regular file expected" status: 1] 3539000>)'.

/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2
#<derivation /gnu/store/p2hmc4wv59kxvhvxa1dwjjps0g38ikc1-hello-2.10.drv => /gnu/store/bihfrh609gkxb9dp7n96wlpigiv3krfy-hello-2.10 4c6e500>

/home/natsu/.guix-profile/share/guile/site/2.2
Backtrace:
In guix/packages.scm:
   923:16 19 (expand-input #<build-daemon 256.97 114a640> #<package…> …)
   878:14 18 (cache! #<weak-table 6/113> #<package [email-masked].…> …)
In unknown file:
          17 (_ #<procedure thunk ()> #<procedure list _> #<undefined>)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1202:22 16 (thunk)
  1135:25 15 (bag->derivation #<build-daemon 256.97 114a640> #<<bag…> …)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29 14 (map1 (("source" #<origin "mirror://cpan/src/5.0/p…>) …))
   592:17 13 (map1 (("make" #<package [email-masked] gnu/pack…>) …))
In guix/packages.scm:
   923:16 12 (expand-input #<build-daemon 256.97 114a640> #<package…> …)
   878:14 11 (cache! #<weak-table 6/113> #<package [email-masked]…> …)
In unknown file:
          10 (_ #<procedure thunk ()> #<procedure list _> #<undefined>)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1202:22  9 (thunk)
In guix/derivations.scm:
  1242:24  8 (build-expression->derivation #<build-daemon 256.97 11…> …)
  1004:18  7 (imported-files #<build-daemon 256.97 114a640> ((. #) …) …)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29  6 (map1 (("guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm" . "/home/…") …))
   592:29  5 (map1 (("guix/build/utils.scm" . "/home/natsu/.guix…") …))
   592:29  4 (map1 (("guix/build/gremlin.scm" . "/home/natsu/.gu…") …))
   592:17  3 (map1 (("guix/elf.scm" . "/home/natsu/.guix-profile/s…")))
In guix/derivations.scm:
  1007:31  2 (_ _)
In guix/store.scm:
   948:24  1 (_ #<build-daemon 256.97 114a640> "elf.scm" #f "sha256" …)
   928:31  0 (add-to-store #<build-daemon 256.97 114a640> _ #f "sha…" …)

guix/store.scm:928:31: In procedure add-to-store:
Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &nix-protocol-error [message: "regular file expected" status: 1] 27ba7e0>)'.

/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.2
#<derivation /gnu/store/p2hmc4wv59kxvhvxa1dwjjps0g38ikc1-hello-2.10.drv => /gnu/store/bihfrh609gkxb9dp7n96wlpigiv3krfy-hello-2.10 3933960>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Oleg.