Subject: bug#32452: 26.1; gnutls_try_handshake maxes out cpu retrying when server is a bit busy

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 17:00:36 -0800

On 3/1/22 10:52, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Paul Eggert<[email-masked]>  writes:
> 
>> I looked into the problem some more and found what I think is the
>> underlying problem: gnulib-tool generated lib/gnulib.mk.in before it
>> generates m4/gnulib-comp.m4, which Makefile-generation relies upon. I
>> reverted my recent hack to emacs/admin/merge-gnulib and installed the
>> attached Gnulib patch. Please update to the latest Emacs and Gnulib
>> and try again.
> I tried this now, but the symptoms seem to be the same -- after trying
> to use nanosleep, as described before, I still get:
> 
> /usr/bin/ld: gnutls.o: in function `gnutls_try_handshake':
> /home/larsi/src/emacs/gtest/src/gnutls.c:634: undefined reference to `rpl_nanosleep'
> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Do you see this problem with a fresh checkout from the latest master 
branch, combined with the latest Gnulib? If not, problem solved. If so, 
what's the output of 'git status' and of 'git diff' when things fail?