Subject: bug#32445: 26.1; emacs for windows crashes when using it fullscreen on a high resolution (~2560*1440) display

From: Dhruwat Bhagat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 11:42:27 +0530

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I invoked Emacs using -nw option. I am using cmder as my console.

I debugged it little further at my end after you I saw your reply.

I could see that the vertical dimension of my console did not really 
cause any problems.

However, as soon as I increase the horizontal dimensions of my console 
to 259 or more characters, I get this error.

Regards,

Dhruwat

On 15-Aug-2018 9:45 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Dhruwat Bhagat <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 11:50:16 +0530
>>
>> I am using emacs 26.1. My operation system is Windows 7 and my monitor's
>> resolution is 2560*1440.
>> When I start emacs on this monitor, it crashes with a fatal error.
>> I got the following backtrace when I tried to replicate this issue
>> today:
> Thank you for your report.
>
> Is this a text-mode session, i.e. did you invoke Emacs with the -nw
> option?  The crash seems to be inside code that handles text-mode
> frames.
>
> If this indeed is a text-mode session, please tell the dimensions of
> the frame in character units on that monitor, when the frame is
> maximized.