Subject: 27.0.50; encode-time bug

From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 19:09:34 -0400

Hi,

        I am getting an "Invalid date" error when starting
        Gnus (see attachment).

        I don't get this error and Gnus starts up normally
        with Emacs 26.1.

        Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.10)
 of 2018-08-14 built on localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: 5620d591ee67e5b31ca8d5aa0dcc1a13116b09a7
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
System Description: Fedora 24 (Workstation Edition)

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until "mmand-execute(execute-extended-command)
"
Mark set
Saving file /home/liveuser/gnus-date-error.txt...
Wrote /home/liveuser/gnus-date-error.txt
Read-Only mode enabled in current buffer
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [7 times]
Mark saved where search started [2 times]
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [5 times]
previous-line: Beginning of buffer
Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O0 -ggdb3 -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 --prefix=/tmp/emacs-27.0-git-master
 --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-lcms2
 --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=yes
 --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-json'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS JSON LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-desktop-notify-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug
backtrace cus-start timezone utf-7 nnfolder nnagent nnml gnutls
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp gnus-desktop-notify notifications
dbus xml epa-file nnreddit gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 cl sieve sieve-mode
sieve-manage sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain advice nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group mm-url gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source imap rfc2104 utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus message rmc puny dired desktop frameset edmacro
kmacro dired-loaddefs subr-x format-spec rfc822 mml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs json rx
map url-vars mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap mml-sec password-cache
epa epg cl-extra help-mode easymenu epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev sendmail derived gmm-utils
mailheader seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv wid-edit nnoo
nnheader gnus-util rmail dframe rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch
elec-pair cl-seq easy-mmode cl-macs inline cl-loaddefs cl-lib gv pcase
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 840321 58820)
 (symbols 48 127249 0)
 (strings 32 105403 3903)
 (string-bytes 1 4088488)
 (vectors 16 11805)
 (vector-slots 8 571636 32258)
 (floats 8 267 599)
 (intervals 56 9430 361)
 (buffers 992 34)
 (heap 1024 78672 18405))