Subject: Re: bug#32443: 27.0.50; encode-time bug

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:34:30 +0200

Live System User <[email-masked]> writes:

> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

>> None of those fail for me. Could you tell us which revision youʼre
>> currently using? Perhaps this got fixed as a side effect of some other
>> change, in which case I can bisect it.
>
>   I just tried it using:
>
> Repository revision: d8bef4b519624de20baa1428dd103f61dfb220fa
>
>    and got the same errpneous results.

And thatʼs more recent than my version, so the bug is still lurking
somewhere.

>>
>> Otherwise, since youʼre the only one who can reproduce it, could you
>> do 'edebug-defun' on 'parse-time-string' and step through it? That
>> might give us a better idea of what's going wrong.
>
>
>   I've never used `edebug' before so I will have to get up to speed.

SPC single steps. You can use 'e' to evaluate arbitrary expressions in
the context of the function youʼre debugging. Since single stepping
can be tedious, you can move point and use 'h' to run until you reach
point.

Robert