Subject: bug#32440: localization of guix refresh

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 21:45:16 +0200

Hi,

I've just found out that guix refresh is not translated. Indeed,
guix/script/refresh.scm is not listed in po/guix/POTFILES.in as it
should be. Adding it to the file leads to an issue though. One of the
entries generated in po files is the following:

#: guix/scripts/refresh.scm:307
#, scheme-format
msgid ""
"Building the following package would ensure ~d dependent packages are "
"rebuilt: ~*~{~a~^ ~}~%"
msgid_plural ""
"Building the following ~d packages would ensure ~d dependent packages"
"are rebuilt: ~{~a~^ ~}~%"
msgstr[0] ""
"Building the following package would ensure ~d dependent packages are "
"rebuilt: ~*~{~a~^ ~}~%"
msgstr[1] ""
"Building the following ~d packages would ensure ~d dependent packages"
"are rebuilt: ~{~a~^ ~}~%"

which leads to this error while running "make -C po/guix update-po":

[email-masked]:3140: format specifications in 'msgstr[0]' are not a
subset of those in 'msgid_plural'.