Subject: Re: bug#32439: guix pull as root generates too many errors.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:06:22 -0400

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 09:07:04PM +0000, fis trivial wrote:
> As root user, it's [email-masked]. Indeed, installing [email-masked] from Guix fixes
> the problem. Thanks for your insight. :)
 
Great!

By the way, Guix *does* work with Guile 2.0. The messages you saw should
not prevent using Guix. Guix was using Guile 2.0, which was finding some
pre-compiled Guile 2.2 objects. Guile 2.0 printed those messages to say
that it did not recognize the precompiled objects and had to recompile
them.

> I thought Guix is self-contained, so are you implying that Guix itself is not
> reproducible?  Is it reasonable to request making Guix self-contained?

Guix is not self-contained. Its dependencies are listed in the manual:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Requirements.html

As for whether or not it could or should be self-contained, answering
that is outside of my expertise.

I think there is no bug to fix here, right? Please re-open the bug if I
am wrong.