Subject: bug#32439: closed (Re: bug#32439: guix pull as root generates too many errors.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:07:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32439: guix pull as root generates too many errors.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32439: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32439
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32439: guix pull as root generates too many errors.
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: fis trivial <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 17:06:22 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 09:07:04PM +0000, fis trivial wrote:
> As root user, it's [email-masked]. Indeed, installing [email-masked] from Guix fixes
> the problem. Thanks for your insight. :)
 
Great!

By the way, Guix *does* work with Guile 2.0. The messages you saw should
not prevent using Guix. Guix was using Guile 2.0, which was finding some
pre-compiled Guile 2.2 objects. Guile 2.0 printed those messages to say
that it did not recognize the precompiled objects and had to recompile
them.

> I thought Guix is self-contained, so are you implying that Guix itself is not
> reproducible?  Is it reasonable to request making Guix self-contained?

Guix is not self-contained. Its dependencies are listed in the manual:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Requirements.html

As for whether or not it could or should be self-contained, answering
that is outside of my expertise.

I think there is no bug to fix here, right? Please re-open the bug if I
am wrong.

Subject: guix pull as root generates too many errors.
From: fis trivial <[email-masked]>
To: "Bug-guix@gnu org" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 19:41:14 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version:
guix (GNU Guix) 06a45ad6c0655f76ba15c90c0bd35857b45a7d3e

Platform:
Fedora 27 x86-64

Running guix pull -l as root user generates many warnings and errors. I
attached the first 1000 lines of stderr logging in this mail.