Subject: 26.1.50; Duplicate bibtex/BibTeX custom groups

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:35:19 +0300

X-Debbugs-Cc: Roland Winkler <[email-masked]>
Severity: minor

The file lisp/textmodes/bibtex.el seems to use both custom group names
'bibtex' and 'BibTeX':

0. emacs -Q
1. M-x customize-group RET
2. bibtex TAB TAB
   => BibTeX, bibtex, bibtex-autokey

The name 'BibTeX' is only used once and is never defined via defgroup,
however, so I presume it's just a typo introduced in Emacs 24.1:

[2de69e00f3]: 2011-07-05 12:44:15 -0500
  lisp/textmodes/bibtex.el: add support for biblatex
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=2de69e00f3991d554d37327a2afd71b981d4e488

Thanks,

-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2018-08-14 built on thunk
Repository revision: f882de8b8095c3a42d1f6d22ed3f7aed57e9f5e0
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12000000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (buster)