Subject: bug#32426: 27.0.50; Loosing key bindings in threads

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 17:48:22 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> Perhaps we need this also for other events, D-Bus and file notifications
>> come to mind.
>
> Possibly, but those seem like an easier nut to crack: AFAIU, each time
> we need to watch for D-Bus events, we register a file descriptor for
> that, and deregister it when we no longer need it, is that right?  If
> so, we could easily make these descriptors watched only by the thread
> that registered the watch, the infrastructure for that already exists.

We need a file descriptor per D-Bus bus (system and session). But
applications register for (asynchronous) method calls and signals on the
buses. This could happen in several threads, so we need a mechanism how
to distribute incoming events to those threads.

But I would postpone this discussion until after we have resolved the
keyboard issue.

Best regards, Michael.