Subject: Re: bug#32426: 27.0.50; Loosing key bindings in threads

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 17:38:42 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 14:17:12 +0200
> 
> > See bug#25214.
> 
> Thanks, I've merged both bugs. Bug#25214 has the analysis, but I don't
> know which direction we want to continue. Using a message pump, as
> proposed by Clément?

I don't know, the discussion never reached any concrete conclusions.
(And the more I think about that, the less I understand how a message
pump could help: after all, keyboard input is already a kind of
"message pump", on the OS level.  It seems we'd eventually have the
same problem: how to allow multiple threads to read from the message
pump.)

Some additional discussion was in this thread:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-12/msg00607.html

Maybe we need to start a new discussion on emacs-devel, once you read
that.