Subject: Re: bug#32413: 25.2; When run as root, emacs writes dconf files in a non-root user's /run/user/XXX directory

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 13:31:08 -0400

tags 32413 notabug
close 32413
quit

>> The specific example of dconf etc is not a bug, it's how these things
>> work. If you don't like it, use the configure option to disable that
>> feature (most programs won't give you that option). I think the general
>> principle of "Emacs should never create files/directories if the user
>> hasn't explicitly asked it to do that" is a non-starter.
>> So this report should be closed wontfix IMO.
>
> I'm using Debian's package. So, you are saying that Debian should
> use this option?

You should either stop using Debian's package (since you don't like the
options they choose), or see if you can convince them to use that
option.

I think it's clear enough that ./configure --without-gsettings is as
much of a fix as there's ever going to be, so I'm closing this bug.