Subject: bug#32406: closed (Re: bug#32406: Simplify explanation of interactive form)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 00:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32406: Simplify explanation of interactive form

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32406: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32406
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32406: Simplify explanation of interactive form
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Javier Olaechea <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 01:55:32 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Javier Olaechea <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 22:46:55 -0500
>> 
>> The previous wording said that an interactive form is a declaration periphrastically ("Its presence serves as
>> flag"). I've done my best to follow the ChangeLog format
>
> As far as I could see, you just replaced "serves as a flag" with "is a
> declaration".  Is that true?  If so, can you explain why the proposed
> text is simpler?

More information was requested, but none was given within a year, so
I'm closing this bug.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: Simplify explanation of interactive form
From: Javier Olaechea <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 22:46:55 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The previous wording said that an interactive form is a declaration
periphrastically ("Its presence serves as flag"). I've done my best to
follow the ChangeLog format

Cheers,
  Javier Olaechea

-- 
"I object to doing things that computers can do." — Olin Shivers
From bf6e003759275a6a61b50f3b1db12b2a20e312ea Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Javier Olaechea <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 22:09:54 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] Reword description of INTERACTIVE form

* doc/lispref/commands.texi (Defining Commands): Reword description of
  `interactive` form.
---
 doc/lispref/commands.texi | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/lispref/commands.texi b/doc/lispref/commands.texi
index 0753d6f..646dd8e 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/commands.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/commands.texi
@@ -111,9 +111,9 @@ command.  The @code{interactive} form must be located at top-level in
 the function body, usually as the first form in the body; this applies
 to both lambda expressions (@pxref{Lambda Expressions}) and
 @code{defun} forms (@pxref{Defining Functions}).  This form does
-nothing during the actual execution of the function; its presence
-serves as a flag, telling the Emacs command loop that the function can
-be called interactively.  The argument of the @code{interactive} form
+nothing during the actual execution of the function.  It is a
+declarations, telling the Emacs command loop that the function can be
+called interactively.  The argument of the @code{interactive} form
 specifies how the arguments for an interactive call should be read.
 
 @cindex @code{interactive-form} property
-- 
2.9.2