Subject: bug#324: Uniquify Tramp buffers

From: "Oliver, Peter (E.ON IS UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:29:12 +0100

Buffer names don't get uniquified correctly when opening the same file
on multiple hosts with Tramp.  

For example, after opening files "/host-a:/tmp/foo" and
"/host-b:/tmp/foo", you get buffers named "foo" and "foo<2>".  I would
expect the buffer names to be something like "host-a:/foo" and
"host-b:/foo" (depending on the value of uniquify-buffer-name-style).

I see this with GNU Emacs 22.2.1.  It used to work as expected with
version 21.
___________________________ Disclaimer Notice ____________________
This message and any attachments are confidential and should only
be read by those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact us, delete the message from your
computer and destroy any copies. Any distribution or copying without
our prior permission is prohibited.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore the
E.ON Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message.
The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before
acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the E.ON Group.

E.ON IS UK Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park,
Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 5617434

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 192000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432