Subject: bug#32395: [PATCH] Don't include text properties when making autoloads

From: Allen Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 00:13:04 -0700

Attached patch fixing this
From 8a12069f7115a0cb959aa178c2776fa9ee09c54c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Allen Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 00:03:36 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] Don't include text properties when making autoloads

When text properties are included here, they get carried all the way
through to autoload--make-defs-autoload, which ends up inserting the
form.

(if (fboundp 'register-definition-prefixes)
             (register-definition-prefixes ,file ',(delq nil strings)))

This form ends up changing depending on whether or not the file for
which we are making autoloads is already open (and thus has text properties):

(if (fboundp 'register-definition-prefixes)
             (register-definition-prefixes "foo"
                                           '(#("foo-" 0 4 (fontified nil)))))

(if (fboundp 'register-definition-prefixes)
             (register-definition-prefixes "foo" '("foo-")))

This causes autoload generation (to appear) to be non-deterministic; the
contents change based on whether the file under consideration is
already open.

* lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload.el (autoload-generate-file-autoloads):
  Ignore text properties when finding autoload defs
---
 lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload.el b/lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload.el
index 92ad6155b5..be075cc2bf 100644
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload.el
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/autoload.el
@@ -765,7 +765,7 @@ autoload-generate-file-autoloads
                                      "define-erc-module"
                                      "define-erc-response-handler"
                                      "defun-rcirc-command"))))
-                    (push (match-string 2) defs))
+                    (push (match-string-no-properties 2) defs))
                             (forward-sexp 1)
                             (forward-line 1)))))))
 
-- 
2.18.0