Subject: 26.1; generated autoloads includes string properties if buffer is open

From: Allen Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 00:09:22 -0700

The autoload generation code inserts a form with a string that may or
may not have text properties, depending on if the buffer is already
open.

(if (fboundp 'register-definition-prefixes)
             (register-definition-prefixes "foo"
                                           '(#("foo-" 0 4 (fontified nil)))))

(if (fboundp 'register-definition-prefixes)
             (register-definition-prefixes "foo" '("foo-")))

This makes autoload generation depend on the odd condition of whether
the file under consideration is already open and fontified.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-07-05 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12000000

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2