Subject: Re: bug#32390: 26.1; python.el: cleanup font lock buffer after input is sent

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 20:21:21 -0400

tags 32390 fixed
close 32390 27.1
quit

Carlos Pita <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please take a look at the related
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33959 since I've added a
> patch there that fixes both this and other issue. The patch is
> essentially the one above plus a fix for a strange interaction with
> company that makes the output filter populate the font lock buffer
> with spurious empty lines. Since both changes overlap I combined them
> into a single patch (I provided a separated one also, if you prefer).

I think these changes are confusing enough on their own, without trying
to combine things.  The patch you posted here seems okay, so I've
applied to master now.

[1: 7acc621e37]: 2019-10-14 20:09:38 -0400
  Fix python-shell font-lock cleanup for unclosed quotes (Bug#32390)
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=7acc621e373ba1371495e15e5e78aa6ce948a9a6