Subject: bug#32382: libchop has build failures

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 01:49:44 +0200

Since 2016-11-16 07:41:43 libchop fails on Hydra (for x86_64)! For arm
and i686 it fails as well.

https://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/libchop-0.5.2.x86_64-linux

Build log at failure:

libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include/chop -I../include -I../i
nclude -I../lib -I../lib -DGCRYPT_NO_MPI_MACROS -DGCRYPT_NO_DEPRECATED -I/gnu/st
ore/dysmb6hz7rr5rvcb05p23dazc5hz26qm-libgcrypt-1.8.2/include -I/gnu/store/a5rd4s
qyljb9gs58z9hq4kswqmxa45nr-libgpg-error-1.28/include -Wcast-align -Wall -Wmissin
g-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -MT libchop_la-chopper-
anchor-based.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libchop_la-chopper-anchor-based.Tpo -c chopper
-anchor-based.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libchop_la-chopper-anchor-based.o
chopper-anchor-based.c:120:3: warning: #warning "Not compiling the Lightning cod
e" [-Wcpp]
 # warning "Not compiling the Lightning code"
   ^
In file included from chop.c:545:0:
class-lookup.c:115:1: error: conflicting types for 'chop_lookup_class_entry'
 chop_lookup_class_entry (register const char *str, register size_t len)
 ^
chop.c:542:1: note: previous declaration of 'chop_lookup_class_entry' was here
 chop_lookup_class_entry (const char *str, unsigned int len);
 ^
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1253: libchop_la-chop.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f .deps/libchop_la-chopper-fixed-size.Tpo .deps/libchop_la-chopper-fixed-size.Plo
mv -f .deps/libchop_la-logs.Tpo .deps/libchop_la-logs.Plo
mv -f .deps/libchop_la-chopper-anchor-based.Tpo .deps/libchop_la-chopper-anchor-based.Plo
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-libchop-0.5.2.drv-0/libchop-0.5.2/src'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1067: all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-libchop-0.5.2.drv-0/libchop-0.5.2/src'
make: *** [Makefile:981: all-recursive] Error 1
Backtrace:
           4 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/hkq8dq0sz7ngb78qy62jnf3mvfp?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   191:35  3 (_ _)

Björn