Subject: bug#32381: closed (Re: bug#32381: 27.0.50; crash in json tests)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 17:43:03 +0000

Your bug report

#32381: 27.0.50; crash in json tests

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32381: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32381
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32381: 27.0.50; crash in json tests
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 20:42:05 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 18:21:40 +0100
> 
> > I think I fixed this, please test.
> 
> Thanks Eli, confirmed fixed.

Ok, closing.

Subject: 27.0.50; crash in json tests
From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 00:15:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Running "make check" for a Windows mingw64 x86_64 build (configured
--with-json) results in a crash in the tests from test/src/json-tests.el.

Attaching GDB shows:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffdd5e8c903 in KERNELBASE!DebugBreak () from 
C:\WINDOWS\System32\KernelBase.dll
#1  0x000000040021af70 in emacs_abort () at 
C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/w32fns.c:10775
#2  0x00000004000efb6c in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=0xb, 
backtrace_limit=<optimized out>) at 
C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/emacs.c:399
#3  0x00000004001102b0 in handle_fatal_signal (sig=0xcf0000, 
sig@entry=0xb) at C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/sysdep.c:1769
#4  0x000000040010ff58 in deliver_thread_signal (sig=0xb, 
handler=0x4001102a2 <handle_fatal_signal>) at 
C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/sysdep.c:1743
#5  0x000000040010ff75 in deliver_fatal_thread_signal (sig=0xcf0000) at 
C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/sysdep.c:1781
#6  0x000000040028348c in _gnu_exception_handler 
(exception_data=0xbf5610) at 
C:/repo/mingw-w64-crt-git/src/mingw-w64/mingw-w64-crt/crt/crt_handler.c:223
#7  0x00007ffdd9327c58 in msvcrt!__C_specific_handler () from 
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
#8  0x00007ffdd97beced in ntdll!.chkstk () from 
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
#9  0x00007ffdd9726c86 in ntdll!RtlWalkFrameChain () from 
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
#10 0x00007ffdd97bdc1e in ntdll!KiUserExceptionDispatcher () from 
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
#11 0x00007ffdd9730317 in ntdll!RtlFreeHeap () from 
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
#12 0x00007ffdd93198bc in msvcrt!free () from C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
#13 0x0000000400187d8d in do_one_unbind 
(this_binding=this_binding@entry=0xbf65f0, 
unwinding=unwinding@entry=0x1, 
bindflag=bindflag@entry=SET_INTERNAL_UNBIND) at 
C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/eval.c:3473
#14 0x0000000400188f75 in unbind_to (count=count@entry=0x6b, 
value=XIL(0x41cc154)) at C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/eval.c:3593
#15 0x0000000400274980 in Fjson_serialize (nargs=<optimized out>, 
args=0xbf69b8) at C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/json.c:610
#16 0x000000040018b92f in funcall_subr (subr=0x4006657e0 
<Sjson_serialize>, numargs=numargs@entry=0x1, args=args@entry=0xbf69b8) 
at C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/eval.c:2877
...
[another 150 frames omitted]

Lisp Backtrace:
"json-serialize" (0xbf69b8)
"apply" (0xbf69b0)
"byte-optimize-form-code-walker" (0xbf6ee0)
"byte-optimize-form" (0xbf7148)
"mapcar" (0xbf73a0)
"byte-optimize-form-code-walker" (0xbf78e0)
"byte-optimize-form" (0xbf7b80)
"byte-optimize-body" (0xbf7de0)
"byte-optimize-form-code-walker" (0xbf8310)
"byte-optimize-form" (0xbf85b0)
"byte-optimize-form-code-walker" (0xbf8ae0)
"byte-optimize-form" (0xbf8d60)
0xba8e40 PVEC_COMPILED
"mapcar" (0xbf91c8)
"byte-optimize-form-code-walker" (0xbf9700)
"byte-optimize-form" (0xbf99a0)
"byte-optimize-body" (0xbf9bf8)
"byte-optimize-form-code-walker" (0xbfa130)
"byte-optimize-form" (0xbfa3c8)
"byte-compile-top-level" (0xbfa6a0)
"byte-compile-lambda" (0xbfa9e8)
"byte-compile-function-form" (0xbfac38)
"byte-compile-form" (0xbfb028)
"mapc" (0xbfb238)
"byte-compile-normal-call" (0xbfb4a8)
"byte-compile-form" (0xbfb898)
"mapc" (0xbfbaa8)
"byte-compile-normal-call" (0xbfbd18)
"byte-compile-form" (0xbfc120)
"byte-compile-keep-pending" (0xbfc360)
"byte-compile-file-form" (0xbfc588)
0xb2ee40 PVEC_COMPILED
"byte-compile-recurse-toplevel" (0xbfc9e8)
0xbcbca0 PVEC_COMPILED
"mapcar" (0xbfce28)
"byte-compile-recurse-toplevel" (0xbfd068)
"byte-compile-toplevel-file-form" (0xbfd270)
0xb2af70 PVEC_COMPILED
"byte-compile-from-buffer" (0xbfd890)
"byte-compile-file" (0xbfdcb8)
"batch-byte-compile-file" (0xbfdf40)
"batch-byte-compile" (0xbfe268)
"command-line-1" (0xbfe930)
"command-line" (0xbff1c8)
"normal-top-level" (0xbff550)

(gdb) frame 15
#15 0x0000000400274980 in Fjson_serialize (nargs=<optimized out>, 
args=0xbf69b8) at C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/json.c:610
610       return unbind_to (count, json_build_string (string));

(gdb) info locals
count = 0x6b
conf = {
   object_type = json_object_hashtable,
   null_object = XIL(0x15e0),
   false_object = XIL(0xa80)
}
json = <optimized out>
string = 0x4206870 "{\"abc\":[1,2,true],\"def\":null}"
(gdb)