Subject: bug#32377: guix gc -> build failed: executing SQLite statement: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed

From: Benjamin Slade <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 22:15:26 -0600

Hello,

I have since re-installed Guix on a different (larger) drive on the same
machine.

 > That happens with ‘guix gc’ without any options?  Do all runs of ‘guix
 > gc’ fail like this?

 > Does ‘guix gc --verify’ (not ‘--verify=xyz’) fail as well?

I tried various combinations/option of `guix gc`; whatever ones failed
with that message always failed with that message. I *think* (but am not
certain) that `guix gc --verify` may have not given any output, but
running it in any case did not affect `guix gc` producing the error
message.

I don't know if it was connected, but I also found that `/gnu` was
trying to use more than twice the number of available inodes.

[On my new install, I have not had these issues, though `/gnu` does seem
to use a worrying number of inodes:

Filesystem               Inodes   IUsed    IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/sda2               6553600 4052120  2501480   62% /

versus lots of free space remaining:

Filesystem             Type      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2              ext4       98G   40G   54G  43% /

]

 —Ben

On 2018-08-19T08:08:08-0600, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

 > Hello,

 > Benjamin Slade <[email-masked]> skribis:

 > > I'm running the latest GuixSD, and when I run:
 > >
 > > `guix gc`
 > >
 > > I get the error:
 > > build failed: executing SQLite statement: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed

--
Benjamin Slade - https://babbagefiles.xyz
  `(pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))
    '(sent by mu4e on Emacs running under GNU/Linux . https://gnu.org )
       `(Choose Linux ,(Choose Freedom) . https://linux.com )