Subject: bug#32372: [PATCH] Add "uuid" to thing-at-point.el

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 18:12:54 +0000

>>>>> Raimon Grau <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

 > +(put 'uuid 'bounds-of-thing-at-point
 > +     (lambda ()
 > +       (and (thing-at-point-looking-at thing-at-point-uuid-regexp 36)
 > +         (cons (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0)))))

	While either ‘and’ or ‘if’ can be used here, to exactly the same
	effect, the indentation above is one for ‘if’; ‘and’ should instead
	look like:

           (and (thing-at-point-looking-at thing-at-point-uuid-regexp 36)
                (cons (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0)))

	I think in this case it’s marginally better to keep indentation
	and replace ‘and’ with ‘if’ than the other way around.

	Thanks.

[…]

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  http://am-1.org/~ivan/