Subject: bug#32369: git guile missing files from repository when cloning

From: Java House <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 13:31:12 +0300

Hello

I am trying to install guile by following instructions.
I cloned the source code in my unix FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE
git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/guile.git

And tried to follow instructions in the README file.

unfortunately the INSTALL file as well as the ./configure file are
missing from the guile directory.
I haven't done any work with make in more than 20 years but I am
suspecting that a makefile is required as well that is also missing.

Any help on how to proceed and build guile?
I tried also to the same steps under linux CentOS but of course this
does not change the fact that the above mentioned files are missing.

We have decided to use guile for both scripting and application
development so I am willing to devote considerable amount of time with
appropriate guidance.

Best Regards
Nikolas