Subject: Re: bug#32369: git guile missing files from repository when cloning

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 11:37:25 -0400

tags 32369 + notabug
close 32369
thanks

Hi,

Java House <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am trying to install guile by following instructions.
> I cloned the source code in my unix FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE
> git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/guile.git
>
> And tried to follow instructions in the README file.
>
> unfortunately the INSTALL file as well as the ./configure file are
> missing from the guile directory.

When building from a git checkout, you must begin by running
./autogen.sh in the top-level source directory, to generate the
./configure script and others.  Note that more tools are required to
perform this step than to build from a tarball release.  See the
'HACKING' file in the top-level source directory for details.

      Mark