Subject: Re: bug#32360: gst-plugins-base has test failures (when built as a dependency)

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 23:50:41 +0200

Hi Leo,

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 14:05:54 -0400
Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here is a patch that excludes Opus when building gst-plugins-base on
> and for 32-bit systems. I think it's not so bad to be missing support
> for Opus in this context until the underlying bug is fixed.
> 
> With this patch, gst-plugins-base builds successfully with
> '--system=i686-linux'. I didn't test the full Wine build.

I don't who/which program needs opus. But it's not working anyway, so I
would be fine with the patch.

I could not apply the patch. Maybe I did something wrong on my side?
Anyway, it's so short, I "applied" it manually.

Then it looks good:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix environment -C --expose=/gnu/store/ --ad-hoc wine
  -- wine $(./pre-inst-env  guix build hello --target=i686-w64-mingw32)/bin/hello.exe
[... some wine error message I suppose to be due to the -C
environment ...]
Hello, world!

Guix is so cool :-)

Thanks,

Björn