Subject: [bug#32358] Add pcscd service

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 22:55:30 -0700

Hi Clément and Arun,

Clément, your explanation makes sense.  With that information, I now
understand why it isn't necessary to use make-forkexec-constructor in
this case.  Thank you for taking the time to explain it in detail!

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have finished work on the tests too. Please find attached the updated
> patch.

Awesome!

> +(define* (run-pcscd-test)
> +  "Run tests of 'pcscd-service-type'."
> +  (define os
> +    (marionette-operating-system
> +     %pcscd-os
> +     #:imported-modules '((gnu services herd))))

If you use the #:requirements keyword argument to
marionette-operating-system, you can guarantee that the marionette
service will start up after the pcscd service.  This would be good in
order to avoid the possibility that you might marionette-eval something
before the pcscd service is started.

With that small change, if the system test passes, I think this is good
to go to master.  Thank you for taking the time to work on this and
iterate through the feedback!

-- 
Chris