Subject: bug#32352: 27.0.50; build error

From: Markus FFM <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2018 07:48:07 +0200

build emacs from sources.
error messages:
make -C ../admin/grammars all EMACS="../../src/bootstrap-emacs"
make[3]: Entering directory '/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/admin/grammars'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/admin/grammars'
Directories for loaddefs: . ./calc ./calendar ./cedet ./cedet/ede ./cedet/semantic ./cedet/semantic/analyze ./cedet/semantic/bovine ./cedet/semantic/decorate ./cedet/semantic/symref ./cedet/semantic/wisent ./cedet/srecode ./emacs-lisp ./emulation ./erc ./eshell ./gnus ./image ./international ./language ./leim ./leim/ja-dic ./leim/quail ./mail ./mh-e ./net ./nxml ./org ./play ./progmodes ./textmodes ./url ./vc
  GEN      loaddefs.el
Directory-local variables error: (invalid-read-syntax #)
Error: (void-variable =)
Directory-local variables error: (invalid-read-syntax #)
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp'
make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp'
  ELC      ../lisp/files.elc
Directory-local variables error: (invalid-read-syntax #)

In toplevel form:
files.el:31:1:Error: Symbol’s value as variable is void: =
make[2]: *** [Makefile:285: ../lisp/files.elc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/lisp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:733: ../lisp/files.elc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/src/sdm/emacs/trunk/src'
make: *** [Makefile:418: src] Error 2

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 29, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-08-02 built on INDRA
Repository revision: 2f37ecaefcc61b0bf389f1c1eb3ac1b15105f056
System Description: Fedora 28 (Twenty Eight)

Recent messages:
>>>loaded: GNU Emacs 27.0.50 of 2018-08-02<<<
>>>load time: Friday, August  3, 2018 07:42:43<<<
Desktop: 3 buffers restored, 2 to restore lazily.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-M-h C-a.
Desktop lazily opening user-profile.el (2 remaining)...done
Desktop lazily opening init.el (1 remaining)...done
Lazy desktop load complete
Making completion list... [2 times]

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --sysconfdir=/etc
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --libexecdir=/opt/emacs/lib/ --localstatedir=/usr/local/var
 --enable-largefile --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-sound=no --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets --without-pop --without-selinux --without-gnutls
 --disable-acl --with-file-notification=yes --with-json --without-xml2
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -Os''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY FREETYPE M17N_FLT
LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: 1
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  smooth-scroll-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils cursor-sensor mule-util jka-compr info
term/linux user-profile powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes
server default-profile default-ui paren man mm-util mail-prsvr recentf
rng-nxml rng-valid nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode dom sort
dired-sort-menu dired dired-loaddefs autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt
checkdoc help-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn desktop frameset avoid
default-faces default-keymap delsel cua-base default-run default-restart
default-modes default-platform default-nw hl-line t-mouse default-unix
default-flymake default-flymake-go default-flymake-csharp
default-flymake-ruby default-flymake-js default-flymake-py
default-flymake-java default-flymake-shell flymake-proc flymake compile
warnings default-run-assoc run-assoc default-tempo default-tempo-rexx
default-tempo-sh default-tempo-pas default-tempo-js default-tempo-java
default-tempo-perl default-tempo-elisp default-tempo-c-cpp default-menu
default-help default-options default-tools default-search default-format
default-view aquamacs-cmm-menu default-edit default-file default-generic
savehist autorevert filenotify autoinsert default-functions elec-pair
default-autoload ox-man ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs ob-exp ob-core org-compat ob-eval org-macs markdown-mode rx
color thingatpt noutline outline easy-mmode jison-mode bison-mode
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs flex-mode derived aquamacs-tabbar cus-start cus-load
aquamacs-tools tabbar restore-last-frame-size org-bullets syslog-mode
hide-lines web-mode disp-table vimrc-mode neotree advice smooth-scroll
aok cl fill-column-indicator tempbuf auto-complete-config auto-complete
edmacro kmacro popup undo-tree diff multi-shell windata tree-mode
tree-widget wid-edit imenu imenu-tree tempo saveplace google-translate
google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui ido
google-translate-core google-translate-tk url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars mailcap json map seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib eol-conversion easymenu
default-path tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 300072 174730)
 (symbols 48 40316 8)
 (miscs 40 261 630)
 (strings 32 101557 26783)
 (string-bytes 1 3043377)
 (vectors 16 39010)
 (vector-slots 8 742017 213098)
 (floats 8 385 1480)
 (intervals 56 1868 418)
 (buffers 992 26))