Subject: Re: [PATCH] 26.3/27 Option to avoid comint override colorization provided by major modes

From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 18:53:36 -0300

Here is another simple patch that takes advantage of the change in
comint to actually colorize python output. This should be applied
after the previous one, of course.
From 1f20366f37e32e7abfea66e4c8e3e565714701c0 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: memeplex <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 18:42:37 -0300
Subject: [PATCH] Keep python shell input colorization in comint

* progmodes/python.el (inferior-python-mode): use the new comint
`comit-highlight-input' customization option in order to keep
colorization done by python.el.
---
 lisp/progmodes/python.el | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/python.el b/lisp/progmodes/python.el
index 4e0a73c..0f366c0 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/python.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/python.el
@@ -2755,6 +2755,7 @@ inferior-python-mode
          python-pdbtrack-comint-output-filter-function
          python-comint-postoutput-scroll-to-bottom
          comint-watch-for-password-prompt))
+  (set (make-local-variable 'comint-highlight-input) nil)
   (set (make-local-variable 'compilation-error-regexp-alist)
        python-shell-compilation-regexp-alist)
   (add-hook 'completion-at-point-functions
-- 
2.20.1