Subject: Re: bug#32338: 26.1; term.el broken on macOS

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:13:43 +0300

> From: Constantine Vetoshev <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 08:25:20 -0700
> Cc: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 11:00 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Please show the definition of 'struct rlimit' on your system.  It
> > should be in the header sys/resource.h, I think.  Then perhaps I will
> > have some insight.
> 
> Here it is:
> 
> struct rlimit {
>     rlim_t    rlim_cur;        /* current (soft) limit */
>     rlim_t    rlim_max;        /* maximum value for rlim_cur */
> };

Then please step with a debugger through the code starting from the
call to getrlimit, and please show the values of related variables,
such as newlim, all the way until the call to setrlimit and the
computed value of emacs_re_safe_alloca.  Please do that once with the
current code and then once again with the code before the offending
commit.  I'd like to see the differences, because I meanwhile see
nothing wrong with using rlim_t here.

Than ks.